Best Practices for Vendor Selection
Getting started with AI means picking the right technology providers and partners – but with so much hype and noise in the market, it is extremely challenging to find vendors who can actually get the job done. We’ve created this short guide to help leaders and consultants avoid mistakes and find the right partners quickly.
In This Brief 4-Page Guide, You'll Learn:
- Talent to Look For. With one LinkedIn search, you’ll be able to tell if an AI vendor or service provider is faking their expertise.
- Case Study Criterion. Three simple ways to determine how much traction a vendor has within your sector (these are the same criteria that we use for all of our Vendor Selection service projects).
- Size Matters. AI vendor companies below a certain team size (or amount of funds raised) often change their value proposition and “pivot” their product and features rapidly – which is rarely a good thing for enterprise leaders who want results. Use our cutoff criteria to build short-lists of companies that are most likely to deliver on what they promise.
- Problem Familiarity. Discover five quick questions you can use to determine if an AI vendor or service provider understands your unique business problem (these are impossible to fake).
- Product… or Service? Some AI business problems are best solved by a specific AI technology vendor – and others are almost always a better fit for a consulting or services firm. Using a consulting for a vendor problem (or vice-versa) is an easy way to waste both time and money. Use our simple framework for determining what kind of provider suits your needs best.
Download the Guide
Make sure your updates are relevant for your business needs. Please include the information below to customize your updates.
Thank You - Please Check Your Email
Please check your email for your copy of the 5 Ways to Select the Right AI Vendor guide.
Learn more about how to leverage your company’s unique artificial intelligence advantage with Emerj services:
- AI Advantage Roadmap – Determine your highest ROI first AI initiative, even if your firm has no previous AI experience
- Emerj AI Business Strategy process – Win market share and build an AI strategy around your company’s strengths
- AI Capability Map – Gain a clear view of the AI use-cases of highest ROI and highest level of adoptions in your industry now